Hi Are you from This parameter is unavailable in selected .BIN data file. Please upgrade., Already 3800+ people watching this notification
- UPSC CGS Recruitment Exam 2020 for 40 Posts CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITIY FOR THE EXAMINATION:
All candidates (male/female/transgender) are requested to carefully read the Rules of Combined Geo-Scientist Examination notified by the Government (Ministry of Mines) and the Notice of Examination derived from these Rules. Candidates applying for the Examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the Examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
|Salary RS. PM||-:
|Job Add Date||-:
|Job Expired Date||-:
|Post Name:||UPSC CGS|
|Total No of Vacancy:||40|
Those candidates who are Only Interested and educationally and another requirement qualification has been fulfilled. This Candidate must apply through the Application details given below, Before applying please verify. the job details from the official website and job notification Full details are given below For UPSC CGS Recruitment Exam 2020 for 40 Posts
Qualification, Eligibility, and Age Limit & Relaxation:
A candidate must be either:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
- Age Limits: A candidate for this examination must have attained the age criteria as prescribed below:-
- For Chemist (Group ‘A’) in the Geological Survey of India, an attached office of Ministry of Mines, Government of India: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the first day of the month of January of the year in which the Examination is to be held (i.e. as on 1st January, 2021] i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January 2000.
- For Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’, Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Group ‘A’ and Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’ in Central Ground water Board, Ministry of Water Resources:-
Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained at the age of 32 years on 1st January, 2021 i.e. he/she must have been born not later than 2 nd January 1989 and not later than 1 st January 2000.
NB: Candidates should ensure that they meet the age eligibility criteria for each post mentioned above for which they are applying.
- The upper age limit will be relaxable upto a maximum of 7 years in the case of Government servants, if they are employed in a Department mentioned in Column I below and apply for the corresponding post mentioned in column II.
Column I Column II
|Geological Survey of India||Chemist Group ‘A’|
|Central Ground Water Board||( i ) Scientist ‘B’ (Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’. (ii) Scientist ‘B’ (Chemical) Group ‘A’. (iii)Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics) Group ‘A’.|
d) The upper age limit prescribed above will be further relaxable as follows:
- Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidate belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- Upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof:
- Upto a maximum of five years in the case of Ex- Servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st January, 2021 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st January, 2021) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or (iii) on invalidment.
- Upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years Military Service as on 1st January, 2021 and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issue a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on 3 month’s notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- Upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, d eaf – mute and orthopedically handicapped persons. up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; and (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to
(d) including deaf-blindness.
Note I:—Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of Para 3(II)(d) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen and (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and
mental illness; and (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness etc. will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
NOTE II- The term Ex-Servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-Servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Service and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
NOTE Ill- The age concession under Para 3(II)(d)(iv) and (v) will be admissible to Ex-servicemen i.e. a person who has served in any rank whether as combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union and who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at his own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his or her pension.
NOTE IV- Notwithstanding the provision of age-relaxation under para 3(II)(d)(vi) above, a person with benchmark disability will be considered eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services/ posts to be allocated to the persons with benchmark disabilities by the Government.
Note V- The details of Functional Classification (FC) and Physical Requirements (PR) of each service is indicated in this Notice which are identified and prescribed by the respective Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCAs) as per the provisions of Section 33 and 34 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. Only those category (ies) of disability (ies) mentioned in the Notice shall apply for the Examination under Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) categories. Therefore, the candidates belonging to the Persons with Benchmark Disability categories are advised to read it carefully before applying for the Examination.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed. The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the Main Examination.
No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificate mentioned above.
NOTE I:- Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
NOTE II:- Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any ground whatsoever.
NOTE III :-The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in online application form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.
N.B. – (i) The candidature of a person who is admitted to the Examination under the age concession mentioned in para 3(II)(c) above, shall be cancelled, if after
submitting his/her application, he/she resigns from service or his/her services are terminated by his/her department/office, either before or after taking the Examination. He/she will, however, continue to be eligible if he/she is retrenched from the service or post after submitting the application.
- A candidate who, after submitting his/her application to his/her department is transferred to other department/office will be eligible to compete under departmental age concession for the post(s), for which he/she would have been eligible, but for his/her transfer, provided his/her application, duly recommended, has been forwarded by his/her parent Department.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- For Chemist Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India and Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W.B.
M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
(a) For Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W.B.
Master’s degree in Geology or applied Geology or Marine Geology or Hydrogeology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
(b) For Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W. B.
Master of Science degree in Physics or Applied Physics or Geophysics or Applied Geophysics or Marine Geophysics or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Technology) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
No t e I : M ast e r ‘ s d e g r e e i n re sp e ct i v e disciplin e mean s the post gradu a te d e g r e e o r p o s t g r a d u a t e d i p l o m a o f min i m u m tw o years duratio n af te r graduation from aforesaid University or Institute in the respective discipline, whether be it an inte grate d course o r otherwise.
Note II : A c a n d idate w h o h as appe ar ed at an examination, the passing of which w o uld r e nde r hi m / her e d uc at io nally qualified for this Examination but has not been informed of the result, may apply for a d m i ssion t o th e Ex am in atio n . A candidate who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to the Examination, if otherwise eligible but their a d m i s s i o n w o u l d b e d e e m e d t o b e provisional and subject to cancellation if they do no t pro duce proo f o f hav ing pass ed th e re qui s ite qu al if yin g examination along with the Detailed Application Form which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the result of the Main Examination. Such proof of passing the requisite examination should be dated earlier than the due date (closing date) of Detailed Application Form of the Combined Geo-Scientist Examination, 2021, which will be required to be filled up by them who are declared qualified for the Stage-III of the Examination
i.e. Personality Test/Interview.
Note III : A candidate who is otherwise qualified but who possesses the Master’ s degree from a foreign University approved by the Government may also be admitted to the Examination by the Commission.
Note IV : Candidate possessing common qualifications in sub-para (i) can apply for both the posts.
NOTE V: In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule, as educationally qualified provided that he/she has passed e x a m i n a t i o n s c o n d u ct e d b y o t h e r institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his/ her admission to the Examination.
(IV) PHYSICAL STANDARDS:
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to the Examination, 2021 as per Regulations given in Appendix-II of the rules for the Combined Geo-scientist Examination, 2021 in Gazette of India dated 7th October, 2020.
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only), alongwith the submission of On-line Application Form, either by remitting the money in any Branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI. Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay- in-slip during Part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 11:59 p.m. of 26.10.2020 i.e. one day before the closing date of submission of application; however applicants who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reasons whatsoever, even if holding valid pay-in-slip will have no other offline option but to opt for available online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 6:00 p.m. of 27.10.2020.
Note 1: Candidates should note that payment of Examination Fee can be made only through the modes prescribed above. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode (unless remission of fee is claimed) shall be summarily rejected.
Note 2: Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other Examination or Selection.
Note 3: For the applicants in whose case payments details have not been received from the bank, they will be treated as fictitious payment cases and their applications will be rejected in the first instance. A list of all such applicants shall be made available on the Commission website within two weeks after the last day of submission of online application. The applicants shall be required to submit the proof of their fee payment within 10 days from the date of such communication either by hand or by speed post to the Commission. On receipt of documentary proof, genuine fee payment cases will be considered and their applications will be revived, if they are otherwise eligible.
All Female Candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes are not required to pay any fee. No fee exemption is, however, available to OBC/EWS candidates and they are required to pay the prescribed full fee.
Persons with benchmark disability are exempted from the payment of fee provided they are otherwise eligible for appointment to the Posts to be filled on the results of this Examination on the basis of the standards of medical fitness for these Posts (including any concessions specifically extended to the persons with benchmark disability). A person with benchmark disability claiming age relaxation/fee concession will be required by the Commission to submit along with their detailed application form, a certified copy of the certificate of disability from a Government Hospital/Medical Board in support of his/her claim for being person with benchmark disability.
Important Dates of UPSC CGS Recruitment Exam 2020 for 40 Posts
Application Start Date: 07/10/2020
Application Last Date: 27/10/2020
Read More Jobs:
All The Details About How To Apply, Qualifications, Vacancies Details explain in details in below please read carefully before apply for UPSC CGS Recruitment Exam 2020 for 40 Posts
Selection Procedure of UPSC CGS Recruitment Exam 2020 for 40 Posts
Examination, Main Examination or Personality Test/Interview, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions; their candidature for the Examination will be cancelled by the Commission.
Candidates are requested to keep ready the scanned copies of the following documents for submission to the Commission alongwith the Detailed Application Form soon after the declaration of the result of the Main Examination which is likely to be declared in the month of September, 2021.
How to Apply/ Application Procedure
Candidate s are require d to apply online only by using the we bsi te https:// upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination/ Personality Test.
- The facility of withdrawal of Application is available for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, instructions are mentioned in Appendix-II (B) of this Examination Notice.
- LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
- The Online Applications can be filled up to 27th October, 2020 till 18.00 Hours.
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from 04.11.2020 to 10.11.2020 till 18.00 Hours
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the Examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [https://upsconline.nic.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid active E-Mail I.D. while filling up Online Application Form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them at different stages of examination process.
Note* Please before apply please check the notification for confirmation and visit the official website for more information
We Always tries to give the Most recent Updated Job Notifications as well as the Most recent Job-Related Post. Follow our public Job Portal. Government’s latest work; Interview website for current work and mock Test.
Thank you Click on the official alert button to read the free notification message. Click on the Apply button below to apply for a job offer on the official website. Click the download button to see the official notification button.
JET Joint Employment Test Calendar (Officer jobs)
TSSE Teaching Staff Selection Exam (Teaching jobs)
SPSE Security Personnel Selection Exam (Defense jobs)
MPSE (Medical personnel Selection Exam (Medical/Nurse/Lab Assistant jobs)